Sunday, March 29, 2009

Surfin', Beachn' & Train Travelin'

Wooooo WOOOOoooooo....

No that's not the sound of the train whistle, that's me cheering that I got my More Pics Monday post done-- not just on time, but early!


When the opportunity abruptly arose this week for me to mix a little business with pleasure, I jumped-- on a train that is (no, for the 100th time, my car was not broken... I needed a break from my norm-- missed backpacking overseas & traveling by train). My short little adventure to the coast (Moss Beach, Pacifica-- a bit south of SF Bay area) still left me time to marvel at the beauty of waves...



feel the sand beneath my feet (gotta watch out for the jellies when getting this up-close-and-personal with the sand)...














take in an ocean sunset...


get a little "surf" session in with a couple of friends (more of a nasal irrigation/getting-spanked-by-the-ocean session for me really, but envigorating all the same)...

















and stop and smell a couple flowers along the way.





When it was time I caught the train home, seeing some interesting sites on the journey.


(Is THIS what an economic recession looks like?)


Paradoxically exhausted, yet re-charged, I finished by trekking home across town from the train station and called it a day!

13 comments:

Christine Burgess said...

Your photos are fabulous. Lovely blog also.

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip Wooooo hooooooo!
You got some great photos! Looks like a gorgeous time.

Mystic Silks http:mysticsilks.etsy.com said...

Wonderful photos--could be in a travel magazine--:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shots Kenna! I loved spending the day with you on the beach.

Dana said...

Marvelous pictures, the beach ones made my day, thank you, Kenna.

Kenna Elizabeth said...

YOU ladies made MY day (or set it off to a good start anyway)! Thank you! Now off to hopefully deliver a big photo order to local store. Wish me luck!

myan said...

kenna! great photos! looks like a fantastic time! hope you got recharged & inspired by your awesome trip! thanks for letting us tag along! :D

Kathy said...

Awesome, awesome pictures! About the surfing...Matt took his first shot at it a couple of years ago. Got wiped out...painfully so by a big wave! He said he couldn't believe how hard it is and he's a pretty limber and agile guy.

I'm sure he will try again when the opportunity arises...not much surfin' at 9000 feet!

Angelshair said...

What a beautiful work! I have a particular feeling with beach, it is the place where I feel like trantI am at home( yes I know this might seems strange), and your pictures made me feel homesick^_^.

Tiffany said...

I love #8! Reminds me of the lost coast!

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh, these pictures are beautiful...and so is the beach. If we could trade places for a day, that would be awesome...and you could get pics of how pretty the snow looks in the trees.

Kirigalpoththa said...

Great pictures and a lovely blog!!!

Keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots!