Can you believe the nerve of this sunny lady? ;) Just teasin'
Ok, so you all know the rules... Tell 7 (things you don't know about me), Tag 7 (other lucky, unknowing participants).
1) I am currently wearing a ridiculous pair of shockingly-electric pink, velourish pants that I picked up for a "Retro-Ball" last summer (they were the most awful, "not me" things I could find and I've grown to love them). THAT's a confession!
2) I am a certified SCUBA diver, a Whitewater River Guide, and an aspiring (if you could call it that) surfer, but no where near the marathon swimmer you'd expect after hearing all that! Yes, I swim... but marathons? Unless they allowed the back-float, I'd drown.
3) For the past 4 years, I literally lived in a tent by the river, during the summers while working as a guide. Talk about a small carbon-footprint!
4) I got me a edumacationthingy. Though "river guide" often conjures up images of uneducated, crazy (ok, we are a bit crazy), drunken, derelicts-- look twice, that stereotype is oft broken! I've worked with guides that are software and environmental engineers, highly trained, inspirational leaders in various disciplines and, as for me... I got a degree from Pepperdine University (which I had to have an academic scholarship to be able to afford). Luckily, I'm a bit smarter than I look. ;)
5) Even though they say it's bad for you because of the raw eggs (salmonhuh?), I still LOVE cookie dough! Homemade is best!
6) Palau has been on my Go-To list for a LONG time, but hasn't come to fruition yet. I'm not even sure why I feel so drawn to Palau particularly (not that it doesn't have plenty of beauty and wonder), but none the less, I WILL go one of these days!
7) Despite having somewhat of a fear of heights (big ones), I have jumped off the World's Highest Swing-- The Canyon Swing in Queenstown, New Zealand. I thought my heart would beat it's way right out of my head!
And now... TAG! You're IT!
Julie Magers Soulen
From My Eye
Green Island Studios
Rare Image Photography
Please peruse their blogs to learn 7 things that you may not know about them!